The Augmented Reality Camp will take place on 20-21st May 2013 at the INSPIRE Centre Canberra. ARcamp is an active workshop series for academics, teachers and students interersted in augmented reality and keen to design new opportunities for the future of education. It involves hands on workshops to develop knowledge and skills and provides networking opportunities to develop your ideas, share experience and find new ways to build learning experiences using AR.
Each workshop includes a practical aspect of AR and the opportunity to develop ideas for use in your own personal context. The ARcamp provides the chance to focus on AR and introduces new ways of developing ideas through service design and thinking about delivery, engagement and co-design.
Campers can expect to:
- gain a general awareness of the AR environments
- develop practical skills in building AR
- design learning opportunities for your own use
- have access to technology and equipment
- work collaboratively to develop ideas for AR in education
- share ideas and learn from each other
- build a relationship with the ARstudio to further develop ideas
ARcamp is targeted at academics, teachers and students throughout schools, colleges, TAFE’s and HE interested in helping make education more engaging and active. The ARstudio is funded by the Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) and is located at the University of Canberra, INSPIRE centre.